Human Rights Watch is a leading international organisation dedicated to defending and promoting human rights around the world. Human Rights Watch researchers work to uncover human rights violations by investigating sites of abuse and speaking first-hand with witnesses and authorities. By exposing these abuses and shining a spotlight where they occur, Human Rights Watch's work gives a voice to victims, generates intense international pressure on governments for action and raises the cost to perpetrators of committing abuses. Human Rights Watch pursues perpetrators of abuses until they are brought to justice.
MEET THE LONDON TEAM
UK Advocacy and Media
The UK advocacy and communications team are responsible for conducting targeted advocacy towards the UK government and parliamentarians. They are also in charge of the organisation’s outreach to the UK media.
Development & Outreach
The Development & Outreach team is the key contact for the London Committee. The team is responsible for organising fundraising and outreach events. They are the focal point for liaising with supporters, the London Committee and the Board of Directors.
Staff members based in London
Benjamin Ward, Acting UK Director and Deputy Director of the Europe and Central Asia Division
Ilaria Allegrozzi, Africa Researcher
Clive Baldwin, Senior Legal Advisor
Hillary Margolis and Rothna Begum, Women’s Rights Researchers
Elin Martinez, Children’s Rights Researcher
Kartik Raj, Western Europe Researcher
OUR LONDON COMMITTEE
The London Committee is comprised of 38 active, long term supporters of Human Rights Watch living in and around London. It forms part of the Human Rights Watch Council, an international network of Committees and Ambassadors who advance the efforts of Human Rights Watch by organising conferences, briefings and other events, engaging in targeted advocacy initiatives, and assisting in important development and outreach programs.
- Hear about our London news and/or events (please put ‘News’ or ‘Events’ in the subject line)
- Volunteer at one of our events (please put ‘Volunteering’ in the subject line)
- Become a member of the Next Generation Community (please put ‘Next Generation Community’ in the subject line)
London Film Festival Benefit
- 3rd March 2020
- London Film Festival
- 12-20th March 2020
- More information to follow
Voices For Justice Annual Dinner 2020
- Wednesday 13 May 2020
- The Roundhouse, London NW1 8EH
- Each year, the Voices for Justice Annual Dinners gather over 7,700 supporters in more than 24 cities worldwide to honour courageous individuals who protect and defend human rights across the globe.
- Join us for an inspiring night of story-telling by our Human Rights Watch researchers. Learn more here