ACLU of Florida
4500 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 340
Miami, FL 33137
Phone: (786) 363-2700
Fax: (305) 576-1106
- Handles litigation on constitutional issues, including prison conditions and treatment, on a limited basis
- In correspondence, put "Legal Request" in Address Line 1
Florida Ex-Offender Re-Entry Coalition, Inc.
P.O. Box 1748
Ocala, FL 34478
Phone: (352) 840-9607
Fax: (352) 629-6171
- Coalition of Human Services, Faith Based, Governmental, and various other Program and Service Providers with the intention of helping ex offenders coming into Pinellas County either out of the Department of Corrections or the Pinellas County Jail successfully reenter society and not recidivate.
- Seeks to address needs of people in criminal justice system; provides resources to ex-offenders
- Can provide direct representation to low income people involved in the immigration process in Dade, Monroe, and Broward counties; offers resources
Florida Institutional Legal Services, Inc.
1010-B Northwest 8th Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32601
Phone: (352) 375-2494
Fax: (352) 271-4366
- Provides free civil legal assistance to incarcerated people in state facilities
Florida Justice Institute, Inc.
4320 Bank of America Tower
100 Southeast Second Street
Miami, FL 33131
Phone: (305) 358-2081
Contact: Randall C. Berg, Jr.
- Handles civil-rights cases of conditions in prisons and jails; provides referrals; advocates and lobbies on behalf of prisoners
Florida Legal Services
2121 Delta Boulevard
Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Phone: (904) 385-7900
- Provides referrals in civil matters
- Provides resources and support to sex offenders and families; lobbies for reforms to current sex offender laws
1550 Northwest 3 Avenue, Building C
Miami, FL 33136
Phone: (305) 571-2001
Fax: (305) 571-2002
- Provides free job training and placement services to ex-offenders, including sex offenders
US Department of Justice
- List of free providers of legal services for immigration: http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/probono/freelglchtFL.htm