The 2007 Horn of Africa Renditions and the Fate of Those Still Missing
This 54-page report examines the 2007 rendition operation, during which at least 90 men, women, and children fleeing the armed conflict in Somalia were unlawfully rendered from Kenya to Somalia, and then on to Ethiopia. The report documents the treatment of several men still in Ethiopian custody, as well as the previously unreported experiences of recently released detainees, several of whom described being brutally tortured.
- "Why Am I Still Here?"
- Map of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia
- Arrest, Detention, Rendition, and Torture
- Case Studies
- International Legal Standards
- Appendix A. Letter to the Ethiopian Government, August 21, 2008
- Appendix B. Letter to the Kenyan Government, August 29, 2008
- Appendix C. Letter to the Kenyan Government, March 22, 2007