Continued Human Rights Abuses by Bangladesh’s Rapid Action Battalion
This 53-page report documents abuses by RAB in and around Dhaka, the capital, under the current Awami League-led government. Nearly 200 people have been killed in RAB operations since January 6, 2009, when the government assumed office. While in opposition the Awami League promised to end extrajudicial killings, but since it came to office senior government officials have denied that RAB has committed abuses, and some have even justified them.
- I. Killings and Other Cases of Abuse by RAB Since the Awami League Government Came to Power in 2009
- II. RAB Impunity: The Failure to Punish Human Rights Abuses
- III. Concerns about RAB Expressed by Civil Society Actors and Others
- IV. International Cooperation
- Appendix I: Letter to Home Minister Sahara Khatun, April 22, 2010
- Appendix II: Letter to Home Minister Sahara Khatun, copying RAB Director General, Mukhlesur Rahman, October 27, 2010