Nearly fifteen years after the fall of Chad’s brutal Cold War dictator, Hissène Habré, dozens of his henchmen still hold key positions of power, including top state security jobs. Meanwhile, the thousands of victims of torture and killings under Habré’s rule have never received compensation or recognition from Chad’s current government.
- Chad: The Victims of Hissène Habré Still Awaiting Justice
- Principal Recommendations to the Chadian Government
- Historical Background
- The Victims of Hissène Habré Still Awaiting Justice in Chad
- Methodology and Acknowledgements
- Annex I: List of Former DDS Directors and Agents Now in Leadership or Security Positions in Chad
- Annex II: Glossary of Acronyms