Child Labor in US Agriculture
In this 99-page report Human Rights Watch found that child farmworkers risked their safety, health, and education on commercial farms across the United States. For the report, Human Rights Watch interviewed 59 children under age 18 who had worked as farmworkers in 14 states in various regions of the United States.
Get the Report
- Fields of Peril
- Maria M.
- Marcos S.
- I. Summary and Key Recommendations
- II. Methodology
- III. Child Farmworkers in the United States
- IV. The Youngest Workers
- V. Exploitation: Wages and Hours
- VI. Education and Farmwork
- VII. Health and Safety
- VIII. Vulnerability of Child Workers Due to Immigration Status
- IX. The United States Government’s Failure to Protect Farmworker Children
- X. International Legal Obligations
- XI. Detailed Recommendations