Uninvestigated Laws of War Violations in Yemen’s War with Huthi Rebels
This 54-page report documents how government forces may have indiscriminately bombed and shelled civilian areas, causing civilian casualties, and how Huthi forces may have committed summary executions and unlawfully deployed in populated areas. Huthi forces also allegedly carried out pillage and looting, used "human shields," and prevented civilians from fleeing war zones, even to seek medical treatment. Both sides used children in combat, in violation of international law.
- All Quiet on the Northern Front?
- Map of Yemen’s Northern Governorates
- I. The Sa’da War
- II. Applicable International Humanitarian Law
- III. Government Conduct and International Humanitarian Law
- IV. Huthi Conduct and International Humanitarian Law
- V. Overview of Humanitarian Response and Challenges in Assisting Displaced Civilians