The Price of Continuing Impunity in Côte d’Ivoire
This 36-page report documents human rights abuses against civilians that were committed by state security forces, their allied militias and the rebel New Forces (Forces Nouvelles) between November and March. These armed groups have preyed on civilians through intimidation and outright force.
Get the Report
- "Because they have the guns … I'm left with nothing."
- I. Summary
- II. Background
- III. Recent Violence by Government and Pro-government Forces against Perceived Opponents
- IV. Intimidation, Harassment and Extortion of Civilians in both South and North
- V. International Response to Recent Abuses
- VI. Future Implications of Unchallenged Impunity
- VII. Conclusions
- VIII. Recommendations