Command Responsibility for the U.S. Abuse of Detainees
This 95-page report, issued on the eve of the first anniversary of the publication of the Abu Ghraib photos, presents substantial evidence warranting criminal investigations of Rumsfeld and Tenet, as well as Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, formerly the top U.S. commander in Iraq, and Gen. Geoffrey Miller the former commander of the prison camp at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.
- Getting Away with Torture?
- Executive Summary
- I. Official Sanction of Crimes against Detainees
- II. A World of Abuse
- III. Getting Away with Torture
- IV. Impunity for the Architects of Illegal Policy
- V. Non-Governmental Attempts at Accountability
- VI. The Need for a Special Prosecutor
- VII. An Independent Commission
- Annex - A Note on Command Responsibility