Youth Sentenced to Life without Parole in California
In this 100-page report, Human Rights Watch found that in many cases where juveniles were prosecuted with an adult, the youth received heavier sentences than their adult codefendants. There are 227 inmates in California sentenced as juveniles to life in prison without parole.
- "When I Die, They'll Send Me Home"
- Teenagers Sentenced to Die in California Prisons
- Why Youth are Serving Life without Parole in California
- Unjust Results
- Ray J.
- The Late Teens and Early Twenties: A Dramatic Period for Personal Growth
- Michael A.
- Life Inside Prison
- The Financial Cost of Sentencing Youth to Life without Parole in California
- The Perspectives of Victims
- What those Serving Life without Parole Want to Say to the Families of their Victims