The Story of Seven Men Betrayed by Russia’s Diplomatic Assurances to the United States
This 43-page report reconstructs the experiences of the detainees after being returned to Russia in March 2004, based on interviews with three of the detainees, their family members, lawyers, and others. Access to the ex-detainees is limited because three of them are in prison and the rest have either managed to leave the country or are in hiding.
- The "Stamp of Guantanamo"
- Map of Russia
- US Refoulement to Russia: A Violation of the Prohibition against Torture
- Return to Russia
- Post-Return Abuses by Russia
- AppendixI. Letter to the US officials
- Appendix II. Letter to the Russian prosecutor general's office