Unprotected Migrants in South Africa
This 115-page report documents how state officials arrest, detain and deport undocumented foreign migrants, particularly those from Zimbabwe and Mozambique, in ways that contravene South Africa’s immigration law. The report also details how commercial farmers ignore basic employment law protections even when they employ documented foreign migrants and South Africans.
- "Keep Your Head Down"
- Map of Limpopo and MpumalangaProvinces
- Map of LimpopoProvince
- Map of MpumalangaProvince
- The Legal Framework
- The Immigration Act: Violations and Legal Gaps Resulting in Human Rights Abuses
- Employment Laws: Violations and Legal Gaps Resulting in Human Rights Violations
- Resolution On Economic, Social And Cultural Rights In Africa, ACHPR/Res.73(XXXVI)04, adopted at the 36th Ordinary Session of the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights in Dakar, Senegal, December 7, 2004, http://www.achpr.org/english/_doc_target/documentation.html?../resolutions/resolution78_en.html (accessed January 20, 2007).