The Prosecution of Sexual Violence in the Congo War
This 52-page report documents how the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo has taken insufficient steps to prosecute those responsible for wartime rape. Human Rights Watch calls on the Congolese government and international donors, including the European Union, to take urgent steps to reform Congo’s justice system.
- Sexual Violence in the Congo War: A Continuing Crime
- The Legal Framework for Prosecution
- In Search of Justice for Rape and other Sexual Crimes
- The Obstacles to Prosecution
- Help for the Victims
- International Response
- Annex:Who is who among the combatants in eastern Congo?