The International Criminal Court (ICC) prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, on October 13, 2015 requested authorization from the court’s judges to open an investigation into crimes committed during the August 2008 conflict in Georgia…
1. Who is Ratko Mladic?
2. What is Mladic accused of?
3. Why is the Mladic case significant?
4. Why did his arrest take so long? And why did it happen now?
5. What happens following Mladic's transfer to the Yugoslav Tribunal in The Hague?
Who is Radovan Karadzic?
What are the charges against him?
It's been more than 14 years since his initial indictment. Why is his trial important?
Why hasn't Karadzic's co-accused, Ratko Mladic, been arrested?
Doesn't Karadzic claim that he was…
1. Where do the proceedings in the Milosevic trial stand?
Former Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic was indicted under three separate indictments for crimes committed in Kosovo, Croatia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina. The trial started on…