Who is Alieu Kosiah and what are the charges against him?
Why is Kosiah’s trial taking place in Switzerland?
What international crimes were committed in Liberia during its civil wars?
Shouldn’t crimes committed in Liberia during the…
Liberia’s history has been punctuated by periods of profound social upheaval underscored by injustice and serious human rights violations. These dynamics in large part led to two devastating civil wars in the last 30 years. This…
What is the Trans-Pacific Partnership?
What are the main human rights issues relating to the TPP?
What are the primary labor rights issues?
Will the TPP require countries with poor labor rights records to reform?
What are the…
In several countries across Asia, torture is used on a regular basis. Bringing perpetrators to justice is notoriously hard, especially in nations where the practice is state-sanctioned, HRW's Phil Robertson tells DW.
Inflicting pain by using physical…
1. Who is Ibrahim Bah?
2. What is the criminal prosecution against Bah?
3. What are the next steps?
4. Why didn’t the prosecutor of the Special Court for Sierra Leone indict Bah?
5. Why hasn’t the Sierra Leone government taken action against Bah?
1. What is the Ben Ali trial all about?
2. Who are the defendants?
3. What are the charges?
4. What are the shortcomings of the trial?
5. Are there other trials in connection with the December 2010 uprising?
6. What kind of accountability for human rights…
I.The Trial of Charles Taylor at the Special Court
1. Who is Charles Taylor?
2. Why are the Taylor trial and the upcoming judgment significant?
3. What are the charges against Taylor?
4. How did the Special Court for Sierra Leone come about?
5. What is…
Who is Radovan Karadzic?
What are the charges against him?
It's been more than 14 years since his initial indictment. Why is his trial important?
Why hasn't Karadzic's co-accused, Ratko Mladic, been arrested?
Doesn't Karadzic claim that he was…
1. Who is Charles "Chuckie" Taylor, Jr.?
Charles "Chuckie" Taylor, Jr. is the son of former Liberian President Charles Taylor. Born while his father was living in Massachusetts, Chuckie Taylor is a United States (US) citizen. He spent much of his youth…
Who is Charles Taylor?
What is the Special Court for Sierra Leone, the court that is trying Charles Taylor?
What is Taylor charged with?
How did Taylor come into the custody of the Special Court and where will his trial take place?
When will Taylor’s…
1. Where do the proceedings in the Milosevic trial stand?
Former Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic was indicted under three separate indictments for crimes committed in Kosovo, Croatia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina. The trial started on…