This Q&A addresses key questions regarding the International Criminal Court (ICC) and the relationship between the court and the United States.
1. What is the International Criminal Court?
2. Is the US a member…
Who are Laurent Gbagbo and Charles Blé Goudé, and why are they on trial?
Why is this trial important?
Isn’t Simone Gbagbo, the former first lady, also wanted by the ICC?
What happened in Côte d’Ivoire?
1. Who is Laurent Gbagbo and what are the charges against him?
2. What happened in Côte d’Ivoire?
3. How did the ICC get the authority to investigate in Côte d’Ivoire?
4. Why is the confirmation of charges hearing significant? Is this a trial?
What is this report about?
The UN mapping report has been prepared by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights and describes the most serious violations of human rights and international humanitarian law in the Democratic…