Liberia’s history has been punctuated by periods of profound social upheaval underscored by injustice and serious human rights violations. These dynamics in large part led to two devastating civil wars in the last 30 years. This…
1. What is the Ben Ali trial all about?
2. Who are the defendants?
3. What are the charges?
4. What are the shortcomings of the trial?
5. Are there other trials in connection with the December 2010 uprising?
6. What kind of accountability for human rights…
I.The Trial of Charles Taylor at the Special Court
1. Who is Charles Taylor?
2. Why are the Taylor trial and the upcoming judgment significant?
3. What are the charges against Taylor?
4. How did the Special Court for Sierra Leone come about?
5. What is…
The International Criminal Court (ICC), by issuing an arrest warrant for Muammar Gaddafi, signaled that the law can reach even those long thought to be immune to accountability. The ICC judges granted warrants on June 27, 2011, for Gaddafi, the Libyan…