On March 31, 2020, the World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors approved a controversial US$500 million loan to the government of Tanzania for its secondary education program. At the heart of this controversy is Tanzania’s…
Liberia’s history has been punctuated by periods of profound social upheaval underscored by injustice and serious human rights violations. These dynamics in large part led to two devastating civil wars in the last 30 years. This…
1. Who is Ibrahim Bah?
2. What is the criminal prosecution against Bah?
3. What are the next steps?
4. Why didn’t the prosecutor of the Special Court for Sierra Leone indict Bah?
5. Why hasn’t the Sierra Leone government taken action against Bah?
I.The Trial of Charles Taylor at the Special Court
1. Who is Charles Taylor?
2. Why are the Taylor trial and the upcoming judgment significant?
3. What are the charges against Taylor?
4. How did the Special Court for Sierra Leone come about?
5. What is…
Who is Charles Taylor?
What is the Special Court for Sierra Leone, the court that is trying Charles Taylor?
What is Taylor charged with?
How did Taylor come into the custody of the Special Court and where will his trial take place?
When will Taylor’s…
1. What are the judges in the House of Lords being asked to decide?
A special nine-judge panel of the House of Lords Judicial Committee will convene on October 4 to consider the lawfulness of government powers that allow foreign…