Sex Workers National Network
(18 & 19 June 2002)
- To ensure the civil rights of the sex workers as the citizens of Bangladesh.
- To eradicate all the misconceptions about sex work in the legal system.
- To ensure participation in the process of development project planning and implementation activities by sex workers.
- To include mothers name at the time of Birth Registration of the children of the sex workers.
- To ensure social status of sex profession.
- To ensure the legal status of the sex work.
- Sex workers would take the initiative to prevent young and under-aged girls to come to this profession.
- To stop all types of torture and harassment on sex workers and for sex work.
- To give recognition to the transgender besides men and women for preparing Voterís list.
- Eviction of sex workers from brothels would not be allowed.
- Proper measures should be taken to educate the children of the sex workers as well as provide them the environment for normal up bringing in the society.
- To stop illegal harassment over the income of the sex workers.
- To take proper actions for the burial rights of the dead sex workers.
- The sex workers are not vagrants and therefore they should not be put into Vagrancy homes.
- We want the recognition for the different organizations of the sex workers.