mission: The High School Program is a division of the Human Rights Watch International Film Festival. The High School Program provides human rights-related videos and educational resources to supplement existing high school and after-school program curricula. Our goal is to meet the needs of high school teachers and after-school educators experimenting with complex human rights issues and to support important and sometimes difficult conversations in ways that inspire youth dialogue and youth media production around issues of human rights.
Your help can make the difference: Through the High School Program, nearly 15,000 youth have engaged in discussions around the global, social and political issues that affect their lives. The Program has supported hundreds of educators to introduce important topics such as tolerance, institutionalized racism, immigration, domestic violence and terrorism into their classrooms, providing the opportunity for students to engage in dialogue and generate a level of understanding of the pressing political issues facing our country at this time.
In order to continue to provide these resources to schools absolutely free of charge, The High School Program needs your support. With your help we may be able to continue in our commitment to educate and prepare the next generation of world leaders and human rights activists.
- $25 sponsors one local teacher to receive curriculum on children's rights
- $50 sponsors one classroom film screening
- $100 sponsors the addition of a new documentary to our High School film catalogue
- $250 sponsors one workshop presentation or screening with a guest speaker at a local high school
- $500 sponsors a mini-film festival (two-three films) at a local high school or community organization
- $1,000 sponsors 5 teachers to participate in professional development training at our annual Youth Views Institute Teacher Training where they can be trained to introduce media and human rights themes into the classroom.
To make your tax deductible contribution please send a check to: Human Rights Watch International Film Festival, 350 Fifth Avenue, 34th Floor, New York NY 10018.