Joe Stork, deputy director of Human Rights Watch's Middle East and North Africa division, is a general expert on human rights issues in the region. Before joining Human Rights Watch in 1996, Stork co-founded the Middle East Research & Information Project (MERIP) and served as chief editor of Middle East Report, its bimonthly magazine. Author of numerous books and widely published articles on the Middle East, he has lectured widely at universities and public forums around the world. Stork served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Turkey and holds an M.A. in International Affairs/Middle East Studies from Columbia University.
- CommentaryPublished in AutoSport
- CommentaryPublished in The Huffington Post
- CommentaryPublished in Arab Reform Bulletin
- CommentaryPublished in Al-Sijjil
- CommentaryPublished in Al-Sijill