Amna Guellali, Tunisia and Algeria researcher in the Middle East and North Africa Division, investigates human rights abuses in both countries. She produces detailed reports, news releases, and op-eds based on her findings and conducts local and international advocacy. Before joining Human Rights Watch, Guellali worked as analyst at the office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court in the Hague, and as Senior Researcher at the department of international law at the Asser Institute. She has also served as legal officer at the regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Tunis. Guellali holds a PhD from the European University Institute in Florence. She is a native speaker of Arabic and also fluent in French, English, and Italian.
- CommentaryPublished in The Huffington Post
- CommentaryPublished in Think Africa Press
- CommentaryPublished in Tunisia Live
- CommentaryPublished in World Policy
- CommentaryPublished in Kapitalis - French