The Andijan Massacre, May 13, 2005
This report is based on 50 interviews with victims of and witnesses to the May 13 killings. It details the Uzbek government’s indiscriminate use of lethal force against unarmed people, describes government efforts to silence witnesses, and places the events against the background of Uzbekistan’s worsening human rights record.
- "Bullets Were Falling Like Rain"
- Map of AndijanCenter
- Executive Summary
- Note on the Use of Names
- Introduction: Prelude to the May 13 Events
- May 13: A Day of Violence, Protests, and Massacre
- The Aftermath of the May 13 Shootings
- The Human Rights Context of the Andijan Events